- Dr Laura Crossley joins the team
- Coventry Cathedral
- The Clash of Organizational Cultures
- How Do You Align Your Mission and Values To Your Visitor Experience?
- Off on an adventure with Seven Stories
- Association of Independent Museums
Looking for something specific?
view all tags
Dr Laura Crossley joins the team
A big welcome from all of us...
We are thrilled to welcome Dr Laura Crossley to the ADV team. She's a bundle of energy and fun who you will want to get to know!
Laura has a decade of experience working in museums, heritage and the arts. She specialises in Strategic Planning, Visitor Experience, Audience Development, Evaluation, Partnership Development, Programming, and Interpretation. She is also a skilled trainer and facilitator and has experience of developing funding bids.
Clients have included the National Maritime Museum, National Lottery Heritage Fund, Museums Association, Museum of English Rural Life, Reading Museum, Norfolk Museums Service, Wells Maltings, Wysing Arts Centre, Wardown House Museum and Gallery, Great Yarmouth Borough Council and North Norfolk District Council.
Laura has an AHRC-funded PhD in Museum Studies from the University of Leicester. Her research looked at community engagement practice during austerity and put forward a model for embedding resilient community engagement in museums.
She is a Museum Mentor for Arts Council England and has been a Career Mentor for Lancaster University, supporting students who are considering careers in museums. She has also held voluntary positions for Reminiscence Network East, Norfolk Arts Forum, the Young Archaeologists’ Club, and Manchester Museum. Laura is an experienced speaker and has presented at seminars and conferences in the UK, Europe and across North America.
Laura's appointment to our associate team is one of several expected this year as we expand our international work and ambitions.
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Master planners engaged to revolutionise the visitor experience
- Coventry Cathedral ADV Appointed To Undertake Masterplanning
- How Do You Align Your Mission and Values To Your Visitor Experience? Sylvia Matiko, co-founder of A Different View, Featured on the AttractionPros Podcast
- Off on an adventure with Seven Stories A Different View appointed for business review and master planning
- Association of Independent Museums Prospering Boards Programme