Examples by what we do:
Planning & Strategy
Research & Evaluation
Workshops & Training
Heritage Lottery Fund Projects
Examples by sector:
Museums and heritage
Zoos and aquariums
Outdoor and nature reserves
Old World Wisconsin
Making history relevantOld World Wisconsin (OWW) is an outdoor living history museum depicting the life and times of the pioneers. Exploring its 65 historic buildings, visitors journey back to the past with vivid re-creations of the working farmsteads and settlements established by European immigrants in America’s heartland.
In its effort to focus on improving the visitor experience and making history relevant, OWW used Experience DNA to analyze their current visitor experience and identify gaps. Together we were able to come up with ideas that could be implemented immediately, as well as a strategic plan which will help OWW deliver a more engaging visitor journey in the longer term.
“After a long search, we found Experience DNA to be the only model of its kind that allowed Old World Wisconsin to directly measure the current on-site experience of our visitors. Experience DNA has provided tangible data and recommendations, many of which we will begin implementing as early as next spring. Instead of the potentially ambiguous and incomplete data that comes from standard surveys and focus groups, the Experience DNA model, combined with the expertise of the staff of A Different View, provides real-world solutions specifically tailored to Old World Wisconsin."
Historic Sites Administrator, Wisconsin Historical Society
- Clinton Presidential Center Assessing Brand Awareness, Perceptions and Creating New Experiences
- Mississippi Department of Archives & History Developing a vision for the future
- Winterville Mounds Evaluating the visitor experience, marketing and operations
- Grand Village of the Natchez Indians Visitor Experience Review & Interpretative Plan review
- Postal Museum Developing a dynamic new museum