Examples by what we do:
Planning & Strategy
Research & Evaluation
Workshops & Training
Heritage Fund Projects
Examples by sector:
Museums and heritage
Zoos and aquariums
Outdoor and nature reserves
WITH arts consortium
ACE Resilience Training Project
The WITH consortium project was a programme of training and development funded through Arts Council’s Catalyst initiative. It ran over two years consisting of five stages designed to develop business models and explore ways to monetise their offer. A Different View were commissioned to develop and facilitate the programme and offer mentoring to participants.
Catalyst was a culture sector wide private giving investment scheme aimed at helping cultural organisations diversify their income streams and access more funding from private sources. Catalyst offered organisations the opportunity to move their fundraising, business modelling and development expertise on to the next level, whatever their current starting point.
The WITH Consortium:
The consortium was made up of four organisations: Bedford Creative Arts (BCA)
Stour Valley Arts, Ultimate Holding Company (UHC), Wunderbar Festival.
The consortium of four organisations came together through a shared artistic approach of working with people and places. Actively site specific and responsive to context, they focus on deep engagement with the audiences and communities around them, producing outcomes which embrace participation and collaboration with the public in unique, expanded and varied ways.
The consortium aimed to focus on deepening the relationships and breadth of individuals and organisations they interact with, on learning how to monetise the value they bring and on implementing organisation-wide change to ensure they can capitalise on the learning.
The project involved exploring the following areas of training and development:
- Analysis of the organisation’s business model using the business model canvas as a live tool that could be reviewed regularly
- Digital marketing, brand development and communicating an offer
- Learning from cross sector and out of sector organisations through study days
In addition ADV were commissioned to produce in-depth research reports into:
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Business models
In terms of hard outcomes, at the end of the two year programme:
- One organisation had doubled its revenues, surpassing its ambition
- One organisation changed its structure entirely and became a social enterprise, establishing an entirely new business model employing staff for the first time
- Two organisations developed their offer to be more focused and realistic. Both found new premises and a way of working that was more sustainable
- South East Museums Development Diversifying Income Training Workshops
- The MAX Changing course before and during Covid-19
- Inventing a Listening Lab for Community Engagement Bringing Heritage, Arts, and Education Organisations Together
- Seven Stories National Centre for Children's Books
- RSPB Titchwell Master planning