- Attractions in retail settings: a research report
- Is storytelling a thing of the past?
- The Power Of Nostalgia
- Trending Now
- Emerging Stronger: SkyPac
- Gen Z aren't afraid to spend big
Looking for something specific?
view all tags
Sustainability research findings presented at 'greenloop'
This week saw ‘greenloop’, the first visitor attraction conference dedicated to sustainability. Industry leaders from across the world discussed the eco-friendly projects happening at some of the world’s leading visitor attractions. We were part of the conference providing the first of an annual UK sustainability tracker exploring how visitor’s buying habits are changing and what effect those changes will have on the visitor attraction industry.
Speaking alongside other industry leaders, Geoffrey Dixon, head of research at A Different View, presented results from 1,100 interviews conducted in the first week of April.
View the full findings (Right click on the slides and hit 'download' or 'save-as' if you'd like to refer to the results at a later date)
A few of the stand out stats from the research that affect all visitor attractions:
- 53% of attraction visitors had not bought a product because they thought the product, packaging or the retail environment was not sustainable or not environmentally friendly
- 80% look to buy products because they come from sustainable sources
- 90% say it is important to limit the use of single use plastics in catering
- 36% say they look to find out how sustainable/environmentally friendly a visitor attraction is before they choose to visit
- 67% say they will pay more to attend a visitor attraction if they do the kind of environmentally friendly things they feel are important
Click here to view the research findings
It was fantastic to be a part of an event that will undoubtedly shape the future role sustainability plays within our world. Thank you to Blooloop for curating and involving us in such a brilliant event.
If you’d like to get in contact with Geoffrey regarding the research or its findings, he’d love to hear from you over at [email protected].
- The Power Of Nostalgia
- Celebrating our outdoor clients on World Wildlife Day From the RSPB to the National Trust
- Qiddiya 'giga-project' Visitor experience research and price elasticity modelling
- Is storytelling a thing of the past? A look at The Burnt City, immersive theatre by Punchdrunk.
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Master planners engaged to revolutionise the visitor experience